Senior Ruby Developer
We have an opening for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Symcell development team.
Core duties will include rapid development of new features, maintaining existing features, closing issues related to our service and modification & maintenance of legacy / 3rd party code.
- Senior to Expert level with Ruby
(We currently do not use Rails. This is a service/application, not a website.)
- Generate clean, maintainable and documented code:
- You must follow best practices.
- Examples of source will be required.
- Examples of professional work will be required.
- You will be tested during the interview stages.
- Intermediate or better SQL and ActiveRecord chops. (ideally mySQL)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Creativity and problem solving skills will be integral to project challenges.
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux system software development.
- Integration skills: being able to take 3rd party or free (OSS) software and partner APIs and integrate them into our service.
- Software engineering skills: Comfortable with planning, specifying, and participating in configuration management and change management processes.
- Familiarity with inter-process communication, concurrency techniques, performance optimization.
- Experience with Asterisk, SIP and VoIP.
- Previous experience implementing advertising banners (DoubleClick, LinksShare, etc.)
- Previous experience implementing merchant datafeeds (Amazon, Performics, etc.)
- Three or more years experience in a professional software development organization.
- Common Sense (laugh now, but how much do you have?)
- Dedication and loyalty.
- Good multitasking and priority management skills.
- Committed to a minimum of 16 hours per week until funding begins.
- Independent, self starter and motivated to learn.
- Detail oriented.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Guaranteed to learn something new every day and you'll never be bored!
- In a market that is about to explode.
- Providing a unique and useful service to customers.
- A start-up that is well past demo stage and into our beta launch cycle.
- Actively seeking funding, therefore this position is "sweat-equity" in exchange for stock commensurate with contributions.
- Looking for a long-term commitment. Someone who will "own" this project and feel as passionate as we do.
The chosen candidate will be part of an elite, friendly and talented team. Ideally you are located in or around the Seattle area. Telecommuting is encouraged. If you feel you have what it takes and what we're looking for, please send us your resume.